If you’re not planning on hiring a professional packing crew, packing your home or apartment can be quite the challenge! Here are some secrets we’ve found help with the packing process.
- Prioritize! If there are items you don't use often or won't need for the next few days, pack these things first.
- Be sure to use the right size box: small boxes are best for heavy things like books. Use large boxes for lighter things like pillows, blankets and stuffed animals.
- If the item can fit in a box, put it in a box. This helps our crews to best utilize space in the truck.
- If you can, fill empty space in boxes with newspaper to prevent items from moving inside the box.
- Unless you have a very large closet, don't worry about packing hanging clothes. We have reusable wardrobe boxes for your hanging items, and we can pack them on moving day.
- Leave important items like toiletries, medications, credit cards and cell phone chargers until last.