When putting your items into storage, whether at our warehouse or a personal storage unit, it’s best to follow a handful of rules to be sure your items remain in good condition — and to ensure the safety of everyone at the facility.
There are some items Eco Movers does not allow in our storage warehouse or to be moved by our crews. Those items include pressurized containers of any kind (aerosol cans, propane tanks, etc.) corrosives chemicals, turpentine or other solvents, any flammable liquid (including lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene), paint or stain, firearms or ammunition, matches or fireworks.
- If you’re going with plastic tubs, be sure they’re of high quality. Low-grade plastic tubs often deteriorate in storage, leading to a messy storage unit at best and damaged items at worst.
- If you’re going with cardboard boxes, be sure they have strong sidewalls and are taped completely closed. This helps prevent boxes from crushing one another.
- Always have a parts box! If furniture (like bed sets) need to be taken apart during the move, you’ll want to collect hardware in one central box that’s easy to find.
- Consider buying furniture pads, new or used. We have quilted pads we use on the moving trucks and in our storage warehouse, but if you’re going into storage at a personal storage unit, you’ll need to have (or buy) your own furniture pads to ensure everything is protected.
- Clearly label the outside of each box with its contents on the top and on one of the sides. No matter how long your items are in storage, you’re bound to forget what you put in there.
Eco Movers would be nothing without our thousands of happy customers, who return year after year and confidently refer friends and neighbors. We believe in the timeless notion that the customer is always right, and we will do everything in our power to please you and remove the stress involved in moving. When you move with Eco Movers, you can rest assured that you will be provided with the most professional service and your move will be performed in an efficient, timely manner with the utmost of care from our staff members.